Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Art Openings

Can you see the depth of the encaustic/wax
I love my adventures....... as an interior designer I attend a lot  of events for inspiration, research and, making sure I'm keeping up with the world changing around me.
The Westport Art Center had an opening this past Friday and what a wonderful "buzzing" event it was. Lots of  interesting people, great "nosh", bouncing music and, some bubbly. There was one photograph( I didn't take a photo, I don't know  why) that was of a dining room with old wall paper, a gaudy gold chandelier,  window treatments that were once stunning but now hanging by threads, broken mirrored walls, stained wall to wall carpeting, no furniture and, obviously hadn't been lived in for years.What was interesting and,  you may think we're crazy but, both my friend and I could "smell" the musty-ness  of the room and, how at one time it must have been someone's pride and joy. Very intriguing how we could "feel" the past and present by just looking at a photo.


Another interesting piece had beautiful lines. Look at the photo below... see how many straight lines there are going every which way and,  accompanied by the vibrant colors,  the clarity of the furniture and accessories this makes this piece very eye catching.  I tried to figure out  who's furniture it was, I think I know all furniture manufacturers ..ha ha but, come to find out the artist +Duvian Montoya took it right from a +Crate and Barrel catalog. The painting sold.

Duvian Montoya




Einstein's Ring by Nash Hyon
Einstein's Ring was  intriguing because of the depth of the encaustic used for the inner circle and, how I was  drawn to it  from across the room.

I had a conversation with the artist Nash Hyon and, she put her Einsten painting on hold for awhile because it was not coming together. Time give us the space sometimes that allows the inspiration to come forward. Therefore, Ms Hyon continued after a brief hiatus and viola.....Einstein's Ring

Hot  Dog by Pascale Beneteau















A little music always helps
Proud Elephant
Master photographer  Mary Harold
Art is the icing on the cake for making a house a home.
Visit your local galleries and see what inspires you. You may take a home a beautiful treasure that makes that special corner of your room come alive. Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment