Friday, October 25, 2013

Carriage Barn Opening, New Canaan, CT


James Bouchard-marble 
The Carriage Barn in New Canaan, Connecticut had another wonderful opening.  Of course I had to attend and  promote local, incredible, affordable art (say that 5 times fast)that makes your house a home. The buzz at the Carriage Barn is always exciting, they have beautiful lighting, lots of goodies to munch on ( takes a lot of energy to view art) and, very interesting people.  Artist are all so intriguing. Funny story...my dear friend and I were starting our way around the room to gaze and admire the  artwork  and, a gentleman came up behind my friend quite close..... so we continued along ..and I'm thinking she knew him quite well because she knows many of the artists and,  they were laughing and chit chatting. Well come to find out half way through our  tour she doesn't know him at all!. I'm now trying to set them up...no not really.....but it was kind of fun.
On to the art............. at this opening I was very taken with the sculpture;  rocks and wood along with rusted metal  were made  into these gorgeous flowing sculptures. The horse would look perfect in a handsome office or, in a home with a large entry on a table welcoming you to their home. Where could you see this placed.
An eternal Crane







As the evening ended and we were on our way out of the Carriage Barn I paused outside  to enjoy the  warmth of the evening. I, was intrigued with the beautiful palladian shaped windows with deep window wells made of the natural field stone. I snapped this photo, below, the gentleman will  never know I took his picture.....hope he reads my blog or, if you recognize him please pass this on to him.


Your home is the most important place in the world... make it the best for you so you can enjoy your best life.

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment