Tuesday, October 29, 2013

ORANGE AND OTHER FALL COLORS



I love my job and the interior design industry. With all the little and, some times big trips I take I am
inspired by color and texture in nature.Especially this time of the year with the fall leaves of New England, hay bales, pumpkins and, witches brew flying around its hard not to see and "feel" it all.the colors. Orange being one of my favorite (look at Farrow & Ball's Blazer) and, texture comes with  the gourds and all their "bumpiness" like an old witches's face and, rows and rows of corn. Have you tried a corn maze?
Of course I still have to go pumpkin picking no matter how old my kids are...and me too.......We drove up to our favorite farm up the great Rte 22 in New York State. Dykeman's Farm. It's been up and running since 1973....I've been going there since 88 wow.....time is a tickin'.

This year it was me and my youngest along with her boyfriend....what happened to the whole family outing.....I guess they're on their own. We did bring our newest family member Murphy, a crazy little and  very strong  4 month old puppy we rescued from Bridgeport. Well he had a ball, even road the
wagon out to the fields. Sniffed all the pumpkins, tried to eat the rotten ones and, was so darn happy to run around. Thank you Dykeman's Farm for allowing dogs to come with their families to a yearly outing searching for the best pumpkin. Speaking of which....trying to find the best one....it's still the same 'ole story... you start out with the first one.....walk miles to the "back 40" fields and then you end up trudging back to where you started and guess what......that first one is PERFECT.  Just like interior design and searching for the ideal fabric. I like to present to my clients at least three choices in fabric but of course the first one I chose on my own to present is the perfect one and the client is in agreement. Although they never know that....I always want them to feel as if they selected it on their own and to feel apart  of the design process in their home or office. Shhhhhhh...don't give my secret out.


Enjoy this Halloween....its the first one in two years that we'll be celebrating up in New England because of hurricanes and blizzards.Send me a picture of your carved pumpkin or you in costume....dare you.

Thank you for reading my blog please pass it on
Your Home is the Most Important Place in the World...
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment